Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SAD NEWS

Unfortunately Veith Street Gallery Studio Association received bad news from its primary funder, the United Way of Halifax, that neither the proposed VSG programs nor the Education and Outreach Programs (Visual Connections Project) fit their new funding criteria. As a result of this, funding has been cut and the organization is awaiting word on a cessation grant that may allow the gallery programs to remain in operation, but not the Education and Outreach programs (Visual Connections Project).

This means that my position with Veith Street Gallery Studio Association as the Education and Outreach Curator will end on March 28th. I am not sure what will happen to the Visual Connections Project, as I am pursuing other employment opportunities. It may show up as a program in another non –profit organization or it may just fade away.

For me the past five and half years with Veith Street Gallery Studio Association has been both challenging and rewarding. I feel I have grown as an educator and artist. I will miss the artist of Creative Spirit East and working with the other community service providers in HRM.

No comments: